2010/10/26 Pid <p...@pidster.com>

> On 26/10/2010 13:47, Marc Wilmots wrote:
> > Hi Experts,
> >
> > I have the following setup:
> >
> >         Apache1
> >       /         \
> >   Apache2     Apache3
> >       \          /
> >         Tomcat1
>
> That's an interesting setup.  What does it achieve?
>
> Apache1 is actually part of an active/passive HA. Didn't think it was of
importance to describe my problem.

> > All Apaches are version 2.2.3 (RedHat)
>
> Time for an upgrade methinks.

That's the Apache version that comes with RedHat 5.4. My client wants to use
the Apache that comes with the RedHat 5.4 repository.
If you know how to use a newer version of Apache by using the official RH
repositories, please let me know.

> > Apache2 and Apache3 loadbalance Tomcat1 (6.0.18) with mod_jk (2.2.28).
>
> Same again for Tomcat.  Presumably you mean 1.2.28 for mod_jk.

Yes, I'm sorry, I meant 1.2.28. As for the Tomcat version, this is again
imposed by the client. I need very good reasons to make them update to the
latest version this late in the development stadium. Do you think the
problem that I have could be avoided by using a newer version? Or which bugs
in 6.0.18 critically require an update?

> > In idle state the AJP connector of Tomcat1 only has 7 active connections.
> > After launching a stress test of Tomcat1, it's AJP connector has reached
> > maxThreads (200). After the stress test has finished, there are still 200
> > active connections in the AJP connector.
> >
> > Because of this, apache2 and apache2 cannot receive any heartbeat message
> > anymore from the AJP connector and mark Tomcat1 as dead. I can access
> > perfectly through port 8080, so Tomcat1 isn't dead at all!
>
> Find and enable the Executor element in server.xml, configure your
> Connector to reference it.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.