Just query the database. Enable query caching in mysql. And only optimize in
java if you see a bottleneck.
My mysql does 15000 queries/sec.

What is your expectation of number of queries?

Ronald.

Op donderdag, 28 oktober 2010 19:31 schreef falva...@geocom.com.uy:

Dear All,

                I'm currently using Tomcat 6.0.28 and having some doubt on
how to solve and implement this problem:

                               My webapp has a MySQL Database with a table
named "parameters", in which we have just two columns ("property" and
"value"). This table is acceded many times but doesn't change often.

                               For performance purposes I want to save this
parameters in the user's tomcat session, so they are read from memory and
not database. So far so good.

                               Now the problem: how can I tell this sessions
that an attribute has changed?

                I had suggestions of using "context variables" instead of
"session variables", but that didn't solve the problem.

Any help in this matter is more than welcome. I have no problem in changing
the approach, and may be not use sessions at all.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

                Federico Alvarez.

Info:

                Tomcat 6.0.28

                Java 1.6

                MySQL 5.5

                NOT USING HIBERNATE, so 2nd Level cache is not an option