Firstly, Thanks for the info.

I've done what you've said.

Consider my directory structure as below in IIS.

<IISROOT>/images/TestDir/A.gif
<IISROOT>/images/TestDir/index.html  (newly introduced one)

If  I hit the following url, it shows the index.html
https://<hostname>/images/TestDir/ <https://%3chostname%3e/images/TestDir/>

but if I hit the following url, it shows the image A.gif which needs to be
restricted its access.

https://<hostname>/images/TestDir/A.gif<https://%3chostname%3e/images/TestDir/A.gif>

Please let me know if this can be resolved.

Thanks,
Siva Prakash