Hi All,

<Resource name="myConn" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.10.10.10.:1521:mydb"
              username="username" password="password" maxActive="500"
maxIdle="50"
              maxWait="-1" removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true"
accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed="true"
/>

I am trying to find out areas of the application where connections are NOT
being closed. I added the removeAbandoned and logAbandoned clauses in my
context file but if i check v$session on oracle it is still showing the same
number of connections active even after 60 seconds. Is there something wrong
in the configuration above?

How exactly does it abandone the connections? what triggers it>?