I can deploy an old Java web application to Tomcat 6.0.18 using (Java
JDK 1.5.0.22) fine.

However, get error deploying same application to Tomcat 6.0.20. Cannot
deploy to any Tomcat later either, like
all Tomcat 6.0.24, 6.0.26, 6.0.28 and 6.0.29 versions give me same error
message:

 "Error deploying configuration descriptor MyProject.xml"

 The application's web.xml uses web-app_2.3.dtd with following:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN'

      'http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd'>

 I noticed all sixteen jar files in %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib folder are
different between 6.0.18 and 6.0.20

 Not sure what change might be causing this.

 I appreciate any insights/pointers or help.

 Thanks much

 -Srini

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that
may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.