On 05.11.2010 16:17, Rainer Frey wrote:
On Friday 05 November 2010 12:51:25 Bill Wang wrote:
Hi All,

I am searching the tool (or script) to be used for my tomcat env, that it
can keep running as daemon in background, detect the tomcat services
(several versions of tomcat). If it found the services don't run, or have
failure, it will start it again automatically.

I think I can put the script in cronjob, and run every 5 minutes, or by
other way, please recommend.

  My env is: Solaris 10 with Apache-tomcat 6.0.29 or Jakarta-tomcat 6.0.18

Doesn't the Solaris 10 Service Management Framework provide that feature?
You'd have to create an appropriate service script for tomcat though.
Unforunately I only heard about the SMF from advertising, never used it
myself.

+1, if you primarily want to detect crashes, SMF is the way to go, at least if you like using what your platform provides. If you are looking for a more platform independent way jsvc is often used.

Regards,

Rainer