On 10/11/2010 09:02, Pid wrote:
> On 04/11/2010 12:04, sasidhar prabhakar wrote:
>> dataSource = ConnectionUtil.getDataSource();
>> }
>
> Is the class you posted the only DAO?  Could the leak be from another class?
>
> Can you post ConnectionUtil.java?

Given the SQL seen so far and that some queries take longer than 30s to
complete, my money is on the the app trying to process more long running
queries in parallel then the pool has connections available.

With a low time-out (30s), the pool was abandoning the connections.

With a long time-out (300s), the pool was becoming exhausted.

If this analysis is correct, the fix is to address the root cause of the
long running queries. Unless you are lucky and there is one poorly
performing query, the chances are the application and/or database have
architectural issues that will require significant work to put right.
Web applications should not routinely be running queries as part of
request processing that take in excess of a second or so to run.

Mark