thanks very much
you help me alog

by the way, do you know *any tool that can monitor the permanent
generation*, such what's now resident in the perm gen?

I know that in the linux the jmap -permheap <pid> will display something,
like this
class_loader    classes    bytes    parent_loader    alive?    type

<bootstrap>    1187    4691664      null      live    <internal>
0x84747550    1    1808    0x846017d8    dead
sun/reflect/delegatingclassloa...@0x937f35f8
0x84685ee0    1    1800    0x846017d8    dead
sun/reflect/delegatingclassloa...@0x937f35f8
0x84686030    1    1792    0x846017d8    dead
sun/reflect/delegatingclassloa...@0x937f35f8
0x84686210    1    1792    0x846017d8    dead
sun/reflect/delegatingclassloa...@0x937f35f8

it seems useless for me actually (I 'm new learning about this....) cos the
permanent gen occupy about 20MB and jmap list about 10 live class with 30
dead ones, I was confused with this....

I used some other profiler tools but they just show* how much* perm gen was
used, but not *what they are used for*

thanks
best regards