Hi Guys,

Am I correct in my assumption that servlet filters are started before
servlets and that the context listeners are not fired until both the
filters and servlets have been initialised? What I am trying to do is
run some code before the context is started which is actually going to
copy a mycontext.xml into another mysecondcontext.xml (using
docBase="single_webapp_location"). which would then get auto deployed
into Tomcat creating the 2nd context. As part of this process I also
need to copy some files from a 'location' into the docBase and suspect
that this will cause Tomcat to reload both contexts. Is there any entry
point during Tomcat startup where I can do some work before either
contexts are started?

Tomcat is 6.0.29 under JDK 1.6

Thanks for any assistance.

Rob