On 26/11/2010 06:21, EmCpam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a problem to use the 'isValid' method of Connection class with a
> connection pool.

<snip/>

> I'm using tomcat 6.0.29 with java jdk 1.6 and netbeans 6.9.

Connection.isValid() is a JDBC4 method and hence is only available in
Java 6.

Tomcat 6 has to work with Java 5 and therefore ships with a database
connection pooling implementation for Java 5 that implements JBDC 3, not
JDBC 4.

To use JDBC 4 methods, you'll need to do the following:
- Add commons-dbcp 1.4 to $CATALINA_HOME/lib
- Add commons-pool 1.5.5 to $CATALINA_HOME/lib
- Change your resource definition to include the following attribute:
  factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"

Mark