unfortunately you cannot use the alias directive to avoid specifying the port in the url. Is there a reason you are using IIS on that machine also?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathaniel Thalluri <nathaniel.thall...@gmail.com>
To : Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Fri Nov 26 14:55:47 2010
Subject: Re: Tomcat website unreachable on the internet

Andre,

*How are the computers/workstations on the Internet supposed to read your
Windows hosts file, to know the IP address ?
For that matter, how is that Windows server connected to the Internet ?*

This is something I will have to ask my network admin.
You also mention that the Alias tag is superfluous. My intention in adding
it was to get to the site by typing https://portal.plugpower.com not
https://portal.plugpower.com:8443/SRA/. But this is not the case, using the
Alias URL on the server machine gives me a 'page under construction' page.

Thanks.