Mark Thomas wrote:
On 29/11/2010 13:57, sol myr wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Tomcat management, and would appreciate help on the 'maxThreads'
property of the Http Connector:

1) Please tell if I understood correctly:
Suppose I configure 'maxThreads=100', and 130 users try to simultaneously access my Tomcat - then 100 users will be served immediately, and the other 30 will be put on hold? Is this correct?

Yes.

2) Is there a way to monitor how many users are 'put on hold' (e.g. 50 on the
above example)?

No. It happens too low down the network stack for Tomcat to be able to
get this information.

If you search Google for "tcp listen queue size" or "tcp accept queue size" (or SOMAXCONN), you will find more information about this. Depending on your O.S., there may exist utility programs allowing to display the current state for a given port/socket.