> From: Pid <p...@pidster.com>
> This is either because your  application is not deployed, or because the
> request path you're using does  not match the actual request path deployed.
>
> When you start Tomcat, is  there a message in the logs saying:
>
> 02-Dec-2010 10:44:17  org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
> INFO: Deploying web  application directory com.mycompany.myapp
> OR
> 02-Dec-2010  10:44:17 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDirectory
> INFO:  Deploying web application directory myapp
> ?
> What is the  exact URL (you may omit the actual domain if you wish) that
> you then  request?

Hmmm, it says "Deploying web  application directory com.mycompany.myapp" which
is somehow what I was expecting (it IS in that directory under wtpwebapps),
then
I'm calling it with http://localhost:8080/myapp (I need it that way)
Now that you mention, I notice this difference:
- when I put it in the server.xml and it gets deployed automatically, Tomcat
creates under "work/Catalina/localhost" the directory myapp. All fine.

- when I use the standalone context.xml it creates under
"work/Catalina/localhost" a directory com.mycompany.myapp - which stays empty
afterwards.
I still don't know what and why it happens, but I feel it's getting closer to
the root cause :)

Thank you,
JC