Op donderdag, 2 december 2010 20:37 schreef Pid <p...@pidster.com>:>

On 12/2/10 3:28 PM, Ronald Klop wrote:
> Hello,
> > I'm trying Tomcat 7. The Comet classes have been moved from the
> org.apache.catalina package to the org.apache.catalina.comet package.
> That is fine by me. But for deployment reasons it would be easy if I can
> deploy the same war on Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7. In that way I don't need a
> turn-key upgrade of my Tomcat servers.
> > Is there a way to make it dynamic which package is used? Something like
> a Proxy or some other trick I don't know yet.

This wouldn't require code changes?

> How do others do this?

Recompile, or produce two versions of the app.  :s

Hi,

My problem is not changing the code, but I now have to maintain two versions of
the code. One with import org.apache.catalina.CometProcessor and one with
org.apache.catalina.comet.CometProcessor. And Eclipse has to resolve both of
them.

Look. I can now choose to develop against Tomcat 7, but when I have a problem
with it in production in a couple of weeks I would like to have the ability to
switch back to Tomcat 6 easily.

Somehow we wil manage this, but I was wondering how other people are doing this
migration. Maybe I'm missing something clever.

In the end I'm expected to switch to ServletRequest.doAsync(), or am I not?

Ronald.