On 12/6/10 6:30 PM, Lava Saleem wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for the replies
> Pid thanks for the link but I have looked into before sending the email and
> it is very general and not very useful, as I'm a beginner user for tomcat.
> Check I was deploying the  file with jsp extension  and I got this
> message on the top of the tomcat webpage. Now I have my html file in the
> WEB-INF  I changed the extension to war but that didn't work as it didn't
> work if I left it as html extension. it is very simple file with few lines
> of java script.
> Thanks

There are a few misunderstandings here.  A .war file is a type of zip
archive, which contains a web application.

Putting a file in a WEB-INF directory somewhere doesn't automatically
produce a web application.

I sent you the link, because it contains a series of references which
explain what a web application is: it also clearly defines the structure
of an application and how to assemble one.

It is precisely because you are a beginner that it's useful, because it
introduces concepts and gives you an example application to work with.

Maybe you could re-read that section of the site?