----- Original Message ----
From: frank <fr...@cloud.com>

Hi Experts:
    I have read "class not found" in FAQ and "class loader howto" of tomcat6,
unfortunately, they don't resolve my problem.
    I set CATALINA_BASE and CATALINA_HOME to my directory like:

    CATALINA_BASE=/usr/share/mydir
    CATALINA_HOME=/usr/share/mydir

    then link subdirs (conf/, bin/ ...)of tomcat6 to $CATALINA_HOME, the "lib/"
points to /usr/share/tomcat6/lib. IMO, tomcat6-servlet-2.5-api.jar,
tomcat6-jsp-2.1-api-6.0.26.jar, tomcat6-el-2.1-api-6.0.26.jar should be
automatically be found since they are located at $CATALINA_HOME/lib/. In fact
this doesn't work, I got errors (see paste at bottom). However, if I added full
path of these JARs to classpath, things worked. I am puzzled, why common class
loader doesn't get these files? thank you.