From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: enforcing SSL only for external clients

Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
> My tomcat application (running on a linux host) has 2 types of clients.
> Local clients coming on localhost (127.0.0.1)

that sounds strange, unless the clients are really programs running on the same
machine as
the server.

  and external clients
> coming on external interfaces. I want to enforce use of SSL only for
> external clients. How do I do that? If I use <security-constraint> I am
> assuming it will apply to both local as well as external clients.

I think you need to describe your network setup a bit more in detail.
For example, is this machine connected directly to the Internet with an
interface having a
"public" IP address, or is there something in-between ?
Draw us a picture maybe ?