Thanks Chris,

Yes , I also googled and see some post like that describes to use the
proxy with programmatic code.
And with the test code such as below could work in my environment
without problem. But question is why it used to work without
programmatic code but with JVM param. This probably more relates to
the JVM spec. so I'll investigate bit further and share this if I find
something. Thanks a lot for the clues.

--snippet
        /*
         * This is to use the proxy setting.
         */
        private static final String proxyHost = System.getProperty("proxyHost");
        //proxy port number
        private static final String proxyPort = System.getProperty("proxyPort");
        private static int proxyPortNumber = -1;
        static{
                if(proxyHost!=null && proxyPort !=null){

                        try{
                                proxyPortNumber = Integer.valueOf(proxyPort);
                                // Using proxy access
                                LogService.logInfo(RSSParserImpl.class, "Using
proxy |
proxyHost:"+proxyHost + "  proxyPort:"+proxyPort);
                        }catch (NumberFormatException ex){
                                LogService.logError(RSSParserImpl.class, "proxy
port number should
be numeric: " , ex);
                        }
                }

        }

--
//Using proxy access to retrieve the contents
if(proxyHost!=null && proxyPortNumber > -1){

- Nori

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Christopher Schultz