Well since its the exact same war file placed in the exact same version of
tomcat, the main variable being the OS (mac/windows) my thinking is that the
class does exist, but its getting loaded differently or something else is
causing the problem but this log error is getting reported.  If it will
help, i can try to find it in the jar files.