On 12/28/2010 8:33 AM, Pid wrote:
> On 12/27/10 4:11 AM, Harsimranjit singh Kler wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> i have testing tomcat clustering on single machine.What i am able to do is i
>> hv 4 tomcat instances 1 work as balancer and 3 as cluster.using Rule.xml in
>> balancer with round robin approach.all requests hits on balancer redirected
>> to on one cluster which is on some different port.
>> when redirecting using sendredirect it display new url that is of cluster.i
>> want some alternate so all request shoud handled at balancer and URL at
>> adress bar not changed.
>>
>> i have tried forward from servelet but that is not accept only realtive URL.
> I'm sorry, I don't have any idea what you're actually asking.
>
> Please read:
>
>  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> When you reply, please precisely detail your Tomcat, JVM and OS
> versions, also include an accurate description of the environment you
> have created and are trying to create.
>

>From what I read in the message, it appears the balancer is sending the
browser a redirect (one of the 30x responses) which in turn changes the
url in the browser's address bar.  The OP (if I understand correctly)
would like the url in the browser's address bar not to change at all (no
30x redirect response).  The only way I can imagine that working is if
the balancer acts as a reverse proxy, sending each request back to a
different back-end worker.  I think we need to see the balancer's config
before we could even begin to offer suggestions.

--David