And if you are uploading this through a browser form, don't forget that the browser is probably going to encode that file in Base64 encoding, which will roughly inflate the size by 1/3 of the original.
I don't know if Tomcat's maxPostSize counts the size prior, or after decoding.

Ronald Klop wrote:
Set <Connector maxPostSize="<very large number>" /> in server.xml.
3 GB might be very large. I don't know if the value is a long or an int in the internals of Tomcat.

This is from my live server.

              enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="1024"
              connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
              compression="on"
              maxPostSize="104857600" />

Ronald.