Hi.

1) stop /both/ tomcats and make sure they are stopped.
2) open a command window, and type the command :
netstat -ano

then copy the result and paste it here.

3) then also paste the conf/server.xml file of tomcat 5.5 here, after removing all the comments and any passwords etc..

Do not provide this information as attachments, the list usually strips them.
Really paste the text in the email.

Sasa Rakic wrote:
Ok i will rephrase question. When i run startup.but for Tomcat 5.5.31 on my
windows xp from command prompt i get the message

SEVERE: Error listenerStart

after this some more lines and at the end:

INFO: Server Startup in 3300ms.

I do not know why is this happeninig. Could someone plese help me with this?

When i download Tomcat 6.0 from same web site it starts and stops perfectly
normal !

Thank you,

                 Sasha!