vwu98...@lycos.com wrote:
The followings are what I have done for a project in regarding of encoding.

* <%...@page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%> on
the first line of JSP files
* <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">

That looks fine.

* Set URIEncoding="UTF-8" on your <Connector> in server.xml

That matters for a GET, but plays no role for a POST.

* An encoding filter for utf-8.

Can you expand on that ?

While the form GET method works correctly for encoding, the form POST doesn't. I need the following codes to get the right encoding for data coming from a form POST method:

                try{

                        tmp = new String(str.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), "UTF-8");
                }catch(Exception ex){}

How exactly are you obtaining "str" in the above ?