*(apologies if this query is a repeat, was unable to find any detailson
this) *
**
*Hello All,*

I wish to request for guidance on how can we determine or record the *SSL
TPS (Transactions Per Sec) *and *SSL concurrent sessions* (established
sessions) for Tomcat 6.0 Web Servers.

*Here's a brief background to my request;*

As you would be aware SSL Root Certificates are being migrated from 1024-bit
to 2048-bit RSA keys. This migration has very significant impact on the SSL
handling capacity of Web Servers - migration to 2048-bit RSA keys results in
appx. 5x times reduction in SSL TPS i.e. 2048-bit SSL performance will be
appx. 20% of 1024-bit SSL performance.

Existing clients using 1024-bit RSA keys need to know what is their peak SSL
TPS no. and SSL concurrent sessions. This helps them calculate the capacity
post-migration and accordingly new servers will have to be provisioned for
sustaining original capacity (with 1024-bit). Alternatively if client wished
to Offload-SSL on the Load Balancer or Application Delivery Controller, they
require to know the current SSL TPS nos. for sizing of correct LB or ADC
appliance.

Tried to explore options in JMX but clients are unable to capture the
requisite details.

Will much appreciate if some guidance on getting the relevant details can
be shared

Thanks much

*Sushil Chhugani*