> From: Christian Garling [mailto:christian.garl...@cg-networks.de]
> Subject: Tomcat in CentOS 5.5

> CentOS 5.5 ships Tomcat 6.0.18, so this version is available at
> customers site. The developer who writes the java parts of our
> application told me, that we cant use the Tomcat version shipped with
> CentOS, because it has too many bugs. But if we use another one, we
> break with customers SLAs. I might be true, that there are bugs in
> Tomcat 6.0.18, but CentOS is an enterprise operating system.

You'll have to talk to CentOS, not the Tomcat users (or developers).  The
Tomcat developers are extremely prompt at providing updates for Tomcat, but
have absolutely no control (and very little influence) over any of the
3rd-party repackagers, such as CentOS.  If you're not running a Tomcat
downloaded from tomcat.apache.org, you need to have your discussions with
whomever you are getting Tomcat from.

The usual recommendation (which I whole-heartedly agree with) is to ditch the
3rd-party version of Tomcat, and always use a real one - regardless of platform.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.