> From: Pant, Ashish [mailto:ashish.p...@libertymutual.com]
> Subject: verboseGC output on tomcat runing as a service

> We are running tomcat as a windows service. Tomcat version
> 6.x running on windows 2003 sp2. I would like to get the
> verboseGC logs. I would like to know where in do I put in
> the parameter so that I can get a verboseGC output

Along with -verbose:gc, specify -Xloggc:logs/<log_file_location> in the Java
Options area on the tomcat6w.exe Java tab.  You probably don't want all that GC
stuff in stdout_xxxxxx.log or stderr_xxxxxx.log.  (Despite what the other
respondent said, there is no catalina.out file generated on Windows.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.