While doing some SSL research last week, I stumbled on this:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Advanced+Tomcat++%28and+Apache%29+Configuration

If you wish to secure the entire tomcat installation (which can be done
regardless of how you provide SSL), add the following to
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml inside the web-app tags:

<!-- redirect all traffic to the SSL port -->
<security-constraint>
  <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Automatic SLL Forwarding</web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <user-data-constraint>
  </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

It worked for me (Linux, Tomcat 6.0.30, JRE 1.5.0_22).

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM, <robert.jen...@surecomp.com> wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> I have configured ssl on tomcat 7 and I am able to access my application
> via ssl and non-ssl. What I am trying to figure out is how to configure
> tomcat so that my application is only available via ssl. Is there a way to
> do this? I have read the tomcat 7 document on ssl, but, did not take note of
> anything indicating how to do this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Jenkin
>
> This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v, 121-24)