From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Issue with oralce drive under tomcat 7

> From: robert.jen...@surecomp.com [mailto:robert.jen...@surecomp.com]
> Subject: Issue with oralce drive under tomcat 7

> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetMetaData
> cannot be cast to oracle.jdbc.OracleResultSetMetaData

This is frequently caused by having the JDBC driver jar in more than one
location.  If you're using Tomcat's DBCP capability, the jar must be in
Tomcat's lib directory - only.  If you're doing your own connection pooling (or
none at all), the jar should be in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory - only.
Make sure the jar is not also in some other location, such as jre/lib, or the
endorsed directory.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.