On 2/28/2011 6:06 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
If you want to stop a single Servlet then Servlet.init() is the
place to it. See section 2.3.2 of the Servlet 3.0 spec.

I.e., the exception throwing approach suggested by C. Caldarale in
the next answer. Yes, it's neat. So I was overcomplicating it.

org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener was what I meant

I know it's an interface I have to implement but without some
concrete class "close" to my problem to look at for guidance
LifecycleListener in and of itself does not help me much.

-- O.L.