> From: Olivier Lefevre [mailto:lefev...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: Vetoing the start of a webapp

> Sorry, can you give me the actual section: are you
> referring to ยง11.6?

In the 3.0 spec, it's in section 11.6 (was 10.6 in the 2.5 version).  The key
statements are:

"The container may respond to all subsequent requests to the Web application
with an HTTP status code 500 to indicate an application error.

"Developers wishing normal processing to occur after a listener generates an
exception must handle their own exceptions within the notification methods."

It's unfortunate that the first sentence uses the word "may" rather than "must"
- evidence of wording generated by a committee.  Because of the softness of the
spec, it may well be safest to use the flag in the ServletContext and check it
with a filter.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.