Sorry,

But maybe I'm not doing the correct question.

On SSL Configuration HOW-TO of Tomcat documentation:

SSL and Tomcat
It is important to note that configuring Tomcat to take advantage of secure
sockets is usually only necessary when running it as a stand-alone web
server. When running Tomcat primarily as a Servlet/JSP container behind
another web server, such as Apache or Microsoft IIS, it is usually necessary
to configure the primary web server to handle the SSL connections from
users. Typically, this server will negotiate all SSL-related functionality,
then pass on any requests destined for the Tomcat container only after
decrypting those requests. Likewise, Tomcat will return cleartext responses,
that will be encrypted before being returned to the user's browser. In this
environment, Tomcat knows that communications between the primary web server
and the client are taking place over a secure connection (because your
application needs to be able to ask about this), but it does not participate
in the encryption or decryption itself.

I have apache and openssl preinstalled, and have installed tomcat manually
via command line without JK connector I have to access tomcat servlets/jsp
files accross the port configured in the server.xml

If I use tomcat as a stand-alone web server.  I could use:

Tomcat can use two different implementations of SSL:

    * the JSSE implementation provided as part of the Java runtime (since
1.4)
    * the APR implementation, which uses the OpenSSL engine by default.

My question:

If I'm not using JK Connector is mandatory configure tomcat as stand-alone
server?

or, although I'm not using JK Connector I could consider Apache like the
primary web server?

Thank You.
Regards.