Hi everybody,
I have strange problem with autodeploying application residing in the war file.
I have the ROOT.xml file in the CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/
directory, in order to define my Context for webapp.

However, when I upload the new war file into webapp dir, I get this GRAVE
message:

org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar delete
GRAVE: [/opt/tomcat/conf/Catalina/my.domain.com/ROOT.xml] could not be
completely deleted. The presence of the remaining files may cause problems

I can see that the ROOT.xml file doesn't have the write access for tomcat user,
but I thought it was OK. Why Tomcat want's to delete this file ?
If the file is deleted, the application would be broken.

When I restart Tomcat the application is refreshed correctly.
So only auto deploy feature doesn't work !

Thank you,

JoeK