On 03/06/2011 06:32 PM, Evgeny Goldin wrote:

Evgeny Goldin wrote:

I have Tomcat 7.0.8 successfully starting as a service on Windows machine.
Back when it was running through "startup.bat" we put some code in
"catalina.bat" which is now ignored by "tomcat7.exe".

Are there any options to make Tomcat run our batch file somehow before it
is started by the service?

I can try "--Install"
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html service
option  and make service run "myBatch.bat" which in turn will invoke
"tomcat7.exe".

That won't work. Target executable should be %COMSPEC% with .bat file as
a parameter (%COMSPEC% /C call nyBatch.bat)
However running that requires a special mechanism for shutting down
the service.
I did that for JBossAS service wrapper, which basically is just that
(wrapping the run.bat) and my plan is to bring that code to commons-daemon.

Regards
--
^TM