> From: Zbynek Vavros [mailto:zbynek_vav...@cz.ibm.com]
> Subject: console with when running as service

> is it possible to setup Tomcat service in a way that it will display
> console window after service start, same as when started using bat file?
> I mean window to which standart outputs and errors are redirected....

You keep asking the same question, and you apparently don't understand what a
Windows service is for.  Services are meant to run in the background, and
normally start *before any user logs in*.  Unless there's a logged-in user,
there cannot be any console windows.  On newer versions of Windows (Vista and
later), having a service interact with the desktop is mind-bogglingly painful
experience.

If you want a console window, run Tomcat from the startup.bat script.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.