On 3/9/2011 12:50 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 09/03/2011 15:47, Jess Holle wrote:
When invoking stop() and then destroy() the destroy() succeeds
[something I missed in my original post], but an exception is still logged:

2011-03-09 09:29:21,939 ERROR [RMI TCP Connection(21)-10.196.0.84]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService  - Failed to stop connector
[Connector[AJP/1.3-8010]]
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: An invalid Lifecycle transition
was attempted ([before_stop]) for component [Connector[AJP/1.3-8010]] in
state [DESTROYING]
     at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.invalidTransition(LifecycleBase.java:386)
Hmm. That looks like a bug. Let me go look at the code...
Yep. Fixed in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1079930&view=rev Will be
in 7.0.11 onwards.
Thanks.
What's more troublesome to me is that with every approach I've tried at
least 1 request still gets through.  In some cases this request works
normally.  In other cases the request gets a 200 and no content or a
404.  After this initial request things behave more appropriately --
with the particulars depending on what I try to stop.
Let me do some more testing in this area.
In case it matters, I'm primarily interested in the BIO/JIO AJP connector and secondarily in the BIO/JIO HTTP connector. [However good it might be building the APR connector across numerous platforms and then having to deal with the possibility of bugs in native code but outside the core JVM native code is just not worth it to me.]

--
Jess Holle