Hi,
I'm using tomcat 6 and HypericHQ for monitoring via JMX.
I don't know if this is an hyperic issue or not, but i wonder if there is an
option to fix it via tomcat/java configuration. the reason that i don't know
if this is an hyperic or a tomcat/java configuration issue is because that
when we use hyperic on other standard java daemon it doesn't have the same
connection leak issue.

the issue is the following:
hyperic, overtime, opens hundreds of jmx connection and never closes them..
after few hours our tomcat server is using 100% cpu without doing anything.
once i stop hyperic agent, tomcat will go back to 0-1% cpu..

here is what we are seeing virtual vm:
http://forums.hyperic.com/jiveforums/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1-11619-37096-2616/Capture.PNG

is there any thing that we can do to fix this via java configuration?
(forcing it to close a connection that is open for more than X seconds?)

One more thing, in tomcat we see (from time to time) the following message
(while hyperic is running):
Mar 7, 2011 11:30:00 AM ServerCommunicatorAdmin reqIncoming
WARNING: The server has decided to close this client connection.

Any help will be great..

Thanks.
Oded.

--