梁贵书 wrote:
> Dear sir or madam,
> we use windows xp sp3 for the server and tomcat 6.0.9 for the web server.
> My group uses tomcat as the web server and uses the jcom to print the
> excel files.Then we got a problem. when we started tomcat with .bat
> file, everything was ok. the print function was ok.but when we started
> tomcat with the windows service, the print function did not work.
> could you give us some advice about when we use windows service to start
> tomcat.

When you start as a service, do you start it as the user "Local System" ?
If so, then remember that this (special) user has extensive rights only to the
local
machine.  It does not have "network rights", so it cannot access any Windows
network
resource, like network printers or network shared directories.

If that is your problem, then create a domain user to run Tomcat, and have the
Tomcat
service run as that user.

When you run Tomcat through the .bat file, you do not have that issue, because
Tomcat then
run under *your* user-id, which may be a domain id.