Hi,

I set up ssl using the JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool on OSX 10.6.6 - JSSE type
configuration with a self-signed certificate.  Modified server.xml to include a
connector:

    <Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
SSLEnabled="true"
                keystoreFile="/Users/administrator/.keystore"
keystorePass="*****"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

anything else is the default, out of box.

Where should I configure and how that when I hit

http://localhost:8080

it should redirect to

https://localhost:8443

??

That is I do not want it to be web app specific, I want to have this behavior
by default.   I am not using httpd or mod_jk at this time and do not want to
use if I can avoid them.

Should I also add SSLEngine="on" ??

Thanks ahead,

János
P.S.  I looked the list from 2008 and see nothing in this regard.