On 21/03/2011 21:34, János Löbb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two machines MachineA and MachineB with osx 10.6.6 on them.  Both
> machines have one tomcat 7.0.10 running.  On both machine the server.xml was
> modified minimally:
> -     Uncommented the Cluster tag
> -     added jvmRoute=tomcat(x) to the Engine tag where x member of {1,3},
> -     changed ports:
> for example:
>     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="tomcat3">
>       <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>
>
> If I am reading the documentation right I should have the default
> configuration listed in the how-to, that is I should have the
> ReplicationValve working.
>
> Unfortunately session replication does not work.   session variables using
> the SessionExample application are not carried over  to restarted tomcats.

What is the "SessionExample application"? No such application ships with
Apache Tomcat.

> With 6.0.18 I had a ReplicationContect in server.xml.  I understand that is a
> No-No these days, so, for the examples webapp should I create a META-INF
> directory with a contect.xml in it ?

That is "context.xml" not "contect.xml" and there should be no need to
create it.

My guess is that the web application you are using is not marked as
<distributable/> in web.xml.

> I thought examples should work out of box....

That sort of comment isn't going to encourage folks to help you.

Mark