On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Ronald,
>
> On 3/31/2011 7:05 AM, Ronald Klop wrote:
>> I would say that some proper input validation solves your problem.
>> Does new URL(redirectURL).toString() give an exception on invalid url's?
>
> new URL(String) will throw a MalformedURLException if there are illegal
> characters in the URL.

This will work for 'correct urls', however, you don't necessary need
to send correct urls, and I suppose you don't want to:
Consider this, struts1 like action:
        public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, FormBean bean,
HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws Exception {

                //do something.... useful
                res.sendRedirect("pageResult?page=1");
                return null;
        }

This is not a syntactically correct url, but it will work in all
browsers and save you a lot of stress in multi-url (i18n) portals.
I would solve your problem by having multiple entry points for the
actions which than can specify the final redirect path.

regards
Leon