Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> On 4/5/2011 10:46 AM, bfackrell wrote:
>> What are the hardware requirements for Tomcat 7?  I looked (Google and on
>> the
>> Apache website)
>>
>> I’m just finishing a college course that taught Java technologies that
>> interact with Tomcat but I want to know more so I’ve decided to try to
>> build
>> my own Tomcat server from scrap computer parts that I have.  The first
>> thing
>> I need to know is: Will my junk even run Tomcat 7?
> The chance that your "junk" will run Tomcat 7 is very high. Tomcat has a
> very small foot print as an application server. Most of the memory
> and CPU requirements come from the application itself
>
> Filip

So if I’m just building a standalone server (more just for the experience
than anything else) all I need to be concerned about, as far as hardware
goes, is meeting the requirements of the OS?

I have already built an HTPC where I play movies and music so, if I
understand correctly, the processor and RAM on the Tomcat server (where the
music and video will be stored) are not important.