> From: Sebastian Biedermann
> [mailto:biederm...@seceng.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
> Subject: Tomcat LifecycleListener

> I want to programm an Eventlistener for the tomcat6 Server
> that gives me an event when a war-file ist started.

Be precise: tell us the *exact* Tomcat version (there are ~25 releases of
Tomcat 6), along with the JDK/JRE you're using, and the platform you're running
on.

> So I added a line to the server.xml:
> <Server>
> [...]
>    <ListenerclassName="TomcatListener"/>
> [...]
> </Server>

You're missing a space between Listener and className.

> And I have this little Java example code here which I put in
> /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/TomcatListener.java :

.java != .class

What do you expect Tomcat to do with source code?  You need to compile your
.java code into a class file.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.