did any data actually get written to

/shared/httpd/tomcat_sessions

It could be that there is a permission problem

best
Filip

On 4/8/2011 1:20 PM, Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
I enabled logging, created 1 session and restarted tomcat. This is what
I see in the logs. Is there anything suspicious here?

Why are there multiple attempts to persist sessions? Is it one per
application? One thing that has changed is now I have multiple
applications. And the path "/shared/httpd/tomcat_sessions" for
persistence is configured in {TOMCAT_BASE}/conf/context.xml, which means
it applies to all apps. So perhaps my 1st app is persisting the session
ok. But 2nd app that has no sessions is overriding the session
persistence file.

I will try by moving this configuration to the application where I
really need this functionality.

Meanwhile can anybody, familiar with this code, validate my theory?

--- while stopping----
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,352
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Stopping
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,352
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Unloading persisted sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,352
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Saving persisted sessions to
/shared/httpd/tomcat_sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,353
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Unloading 1 sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,359
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Expiring 1 persisted sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,359
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Unloading complete
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,590
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Stopping
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,590
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Unloading persisted sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,590
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Saving persisted sessions to
/shared/httpd/tomcat_sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,590
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Unloading 0 sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,590
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Expiring 0 persisted sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,590
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Unloading complete
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:37,597
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Stopping

--- restarting ----
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:40,463
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Start: Loading persisted
sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:40,464
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Loading persisted sessions
from /shared/httpd/tomcat_sessions
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:40,464
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Creating custom object input
stream for class loader
DEBUG [main] 2011-04-08 15:05:40,470
org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase - Loading 0 persisted sessions