Thanks for reply. I was also thinking in that way but after all i need
same user to delete(for eg old log deletion or manual deletion) also.So want
to avoid restarting tomcat just to create new logs.

Looking for some solution at tomcat level so my tomcat always run even if
current log files are deleted it should able to genrate new log file
automatically.
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:

>  On 4/8/11 8:18 PM, Harsimranjit singh Kler wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > Using tomcat  5.5.27 on Linux machine .
> >
> > Whenever i am deleting log files(catalina,localhost etc log files) from
> > tomcat_home\logs path.These are not auto genrating .Everytime i need to
> > restart tomcat to get thise files i dont want this.Any solution to this?
> >
> > Same problem with my application logs i am using SLF4J and logback to
> > genrate logs.once application log files removed i need to restart tomcat
> > regenrate.
> >
> > Problem with Linux only window not alow to delete log files in use.please
> > update if anything i can configure to overcome this
>
> You could get someone to configure Tomcat to run under an account you
> don't have permission to access, this would prevent anyone from doing
> something so silly as to delete the log files while Tomcat is using them.

Regards

Harsimranjit Singh Kler