> From: Yongqin Xu [mailto:yong...@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: shared library in tomcat container runtime`

> for our own shared lib jars, we have to duplicate them for each
> deployed apps, even if sometimes the shared lib jars could be
> over 100MB. That would really cumbersome!

Not really; just have your automated script include them when it creates your
.war files.  (That part of the distribution process is automated, isn't it?  If
not, why not?)  The amount of excess storage consumed is a trivial expense
these days, and you will save yourself an incredible amount of grief by not
having to deal with versioning synchronization when updating the libraries and
webapps.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.