On 28/04/2011 19:48, john.marci...@pb.com wrote:
> When run on a 64-bit Windows system the NSIS script does not check the 32-bit
> registry path for a JRE.
>
> 32-bit JRE registry path -->
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment"
> 64-bit JRE registry path --> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java
> Runtime Environment"
>
> The difference being that the 32-bit entries are off the "Wow6432Node" key.

That would be a bug then. Please create a bugzilla entry against Tomcat
7 for this. The installer should check 64-bit and then 32-bit registry
locations when running on 64-bit Windows.

Bugs with patches attached tend to get fixed faster. If you would like
to work on a patch and need any pointers then just ask here.

Mark