> From: Michał Kapituła [mailto:michal.kapit...@comarch.pl]
> Subject: Slow SSL connections after Tomcat 5 to 7 migration

> I've just tested the page generation time via local network (and
> browser's cache off) and the page is being fully loaded in circa 2
> seconds (with Firebug on) when using http, while loading the same
> page using secure connection took as much as 10 times longer.

If the CPU usage is not high during page generation over SSL, and the network
isn't inducing delays, then the threads must be waiting for something.  Can you
take some thread dumps during the delay period and find out what they're stuck
on?  (My suspicion is reads from /dev/random, but I thought that was only
during Tomcat initialization.)

Also, is Tomcat front-ended by anything (e.g., httpd), or are you accessing it
directly?

Did anything else change when you upgraded Tomcat?  For example, the JVM
version?

> Sorry for my English, for I'm not a native speaker :).

It's better than that of many who are...

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.