The default common.loader property
has${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jarI
 added my own entries like ${oracle.home}/lib/*.jar, and set
$JAVA_OPTS=-Doracle.home=/usr/local/oracle, then start tomcat 7 and stop tomcat
7, the stop complaints that ${oracle.home} is not valid path, butphysically it
is valid. I am sure there is no typo.
Further more, i intentionally changed catalina.sh for those sections of setting
-Dcatalina.base=$CATALINA_BASEfor starting Tomcat 7, like I changed it to
"-Dcatalina.bas",  it all has no impact to this common.loader at all.Looks like
Tomcat populate catalina.base and catalina.home internally, does anyone know
how Tomcat set this ANT style variable during start/stop? thanks