Hi,

this is my first post to this list. Maybe it's a post more related to
the developers list, if so please tell me so and I will send it to that
list.

Working with my company's webapp, I noticed a strange behaviour:
sometimes http session, managed through JSESSIONID cookie, is lost. We
use Tomcat 5.5.27 on Windows.
Debugging Tomcat classes using the Eclipse debugger, I noticed that this
happens because cookies are not correctly parsed, in fact:

* Cookies (class org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies) are instantiated
when a new Request (class org.apache.coyote.Request) is created.
* Constructor of class Cookies accept a MimeHeaders as argument.
* Cookies are parsed using the method  getCookieCount(): this method
sets the boolean variable "unprocessed" to false and call the method
processCookies() for processing cookis from the header (that is the
argument of the Cookies class constructor)

Everything works fine, but sometimes it happens that even if cookies are
correctly inserted in the request header (I can see it!) and
"unprocessed" variable of class Cookies is set to false (== cookies
parsed) , the cookies are NOT parsed: in fact the ServerCookie array is
empty!
It seems that is a time-related issue: IMHO the problem is that
sometimes cookies are parsed BEFORE header is parsed.

Hope I've been clear...

Is this a known problem? Any suggestions? Maybe there is some
"configuration tricks" I can use to avoid this problem?

Thanks in advice,

best regards
--

Ing. Diego Ruotolo