> From: Lentes, Bernd [mailto:bernd.len...@helmholtz-muenchen.de]
> Subject: RE: specifying the content-type

> when talking with a web browser directly to tomcat (port 8080),
> the web page is shown correctly.

Are you sure the original request on port 80 is actually making it through
httpd all the way to Tomcat?  The symptoms you're reporting are characteristic
of a misconfigured httpd not forwarding anything to Tomcat.  Post your mod_jk
config for someone (probably not me) to look at.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.